Happy birthday Colleen! Colleen is in New York for her birthday today. The trip was a gift for Corey’s birthday but Colleen worked it out so they would be there on her birthday too. That is one smart chick. Anywho, since today is her birthday and she is awesome, I thought it might be fun to play that game where you have to list things people may not know about you. Except I am going to share the things about Colleen and not myself. Cause it’s her birthday!! Don’t worry. I promise I won’t share anything too embarrassing.
Thing 1. Colleen has a really good singing voice. When she was younger, she used to gather my friends and I around when they were over and make us listen to her sing Mariah Carey songs. Apparently all that practice paid off cause she can slay a kareoke song. (How the heck do you spell that? Spellcheck doesn’t like this way but I am leaving it cause this is quite obviously how it should be spelled.)
2. Colleen is one of the most loyal people I have ever met. Anytime I ever need a shoulder to cry on or someone to call late at night when I am upset about something, she is ALWAYS there. Patiently offering thoughtful advice and saying all the right things and being appropriately outraged with me until I get through it. This is invaluable, in my opinion. Not only that, but she offers to show up with Mexican food if things ever get really bad. Plus if she ever overhears someone saying anything bad about one of her people, they are lucky if they get to keep their head.
Which brings us to…
3. Colleen is a tough tough little cookie. Really…sometimes she can be scary and fierce. But also in the most perfect way, she is very soft and gentle.
4. If you live near Greensboro or down in some place in South Carolina, there is a chance that she is working (frequently by herself) or has worked to make sure there is no bacteria (poop?) in your drinking water. That, my friends, may be the most important thing of all.
5. She is a super duper environmentalist. Don’t throw away any cans around this girl or things will get real ugly real fast. See number 3.
6. If any of you have seen the pictures of us when we were little, Colleen had a curly red fro. You may already know this but it is worth repeating because it was adorable. People would always stop us to try to talk to her and she would have none of it. She was so over being cute. Actually one time my parents got out of a speeding ticket cause the cop thought she was so precious. Now she has this awesome curly red hair that also straightens like a dream with no frizz. My hair is straight and flat and I have always been jealous.
7. Just in case you don’t know or remember this, Colleen married her high school sweetheart. Hi Corey.
8. She can research an answer to something or find the best product to purchase like nobody’s business. This lady owns google.
9. She is exceptionally dependable. If she says she will be there, you can bet she will be and if she says she will do something, you can always count on it to be done.
10. She is the best sister ever. Really, I count my lucky stars every day to have been born into the same family as her.