Every time I have a birthday, it is a reminder of the passage of time which seems to go more quickly each year. I seriously feel like last year’s birthday was the day before yesterday. It is very easy to find myself getting into a daily routine and sometimes I default to doing the same things week after week. In an effort to be more conscious of remembering to do things that I love and enjoy but for some reason don’t often do, I am making a list of some things that I want to remember to do before my birthday rolls around again.
1. Spend more time painting/drawing- When I was in high school, I took several art classes (didn’t we all?) and I made the discovery that I really love creating art. I know that here we do lots of craft projects and the occasional cheap and easy art project. But I would like to spend more time painting on canvas and sketching. I would also like to invest in some nicer paint supplies for myself.
2. Read more- I haven’t been getting to read as much lately as I would like and that sucks. When I am having down time, I am gonna make more of an effort to read instead of watch tv because I find that reading makes me feel better and is so much more full-filling.
3. Do more new things in Charlotte- There are sooo many things to do in my city that I have never done and that is silly pants. I have no excuses. I need to do them. But first I need to figure out what they are. Any ideas??
4. See more live music- I need to be more aware of when bands/musicians I like are coming to my area and then go see them cause live music is fun and it makes you feel good.
5. Learn calligraphy- I have been saying for years that I want to learn calligraphy and this year I finally want to do it. Cause it’s pretty and I suspect it will make me feel fancy and sophisticated which are two things I usually am not.
6. Ride a dang horse- Okay, I have been wanting to go horse back riding forever (as in like 10 years) and I never do cause no one will go with me. Well I am going and that’s that. I used to go occasionally when I was younger and I loved it.
7. Bake more- Baking makes me happy but I sometimes avoid doing it because I have a tendency to consume ALL of my final product and then I can’t fit my jeans. I need to remember that I can bake things and then give them away to other people. And maybe just eat like 1/4th myself. And then people will like me more too. Unless what I made is gross.
So since you are my friends, it is your job to make sure that I at least try to do most of these things before next April. You got that? If I don’t do them, I am gonna blame you. So bug me until I do them.