Being redheads has always put an interesting twist on life for Colleen and I. We realize that there are a lot of people that consider having red hair to be a flaw, but we have always considered it to be one of our biggest assets. It is something we are very proud of and definitely the physical trait that we enjoy most about ourselves.
1. We like that society pins us as being “fiery.” It makes us feel fiesty and to be perfectly honest, there may be some truth to it. If there is something we really believe in, we are pretty passionate about it.
2. Despite popular opinion on what makes a good skin tone, we love our skin. Although I am admittedly not as fair as some redheads, I definitely enjoy my freckles.
3. We like that it makes us unique. Red hair occurs naturally in less than 5% of people in the population and we like that it makes us feel different and stand out in a crowd.
4. We feel like we are in excellent company. The redheaded role models we have in the world are by and large pretty classy and intelligent chicks. And while Emma Stone isn’t naturally red, we think she is in her heart. 😉
5. In our opinion, Ariel is by far the coolest Disney Princess. And that’s all we have to say about that.
So, in conclusion, the point we are trying to make is that, contrary to what popular generalization would suggest, we think having red hair is quite awesome. And while Colleen’s hair is definitely redder and mine has more of a strawberry blonde/darker in the winter thing happening, I get very upset when people don’t give me credit for my red hair. I was having a discussion with my lovely cousin Bill (Sir Billiam – we knighted him because he is so fantastic) and he mentioned to me that based on his experience with red heads, he thinks there is a genetic link between red hair and superior intellect and awesomeness. We would like to say that we appreciate that thought, Billiam.
What is your favorite physical trait about yourself? Is it something surprising?