Happy (belated) Thanksgiving everyone! We had a wonderful day with friends and family and I do believe I ate enough to survive me the rest of the week (she says and she goes to eat some pie for second breakfast.) Corey and I even did a little Black Friday shopping from the couch last night. Because I am not into crowds. Believe it or not, I am off to work but I wanted to post some of my favorite pictures from our Thanksgiving table. I can take little to no credit for this – other than arranging the flowers and taking the pictures. Meg did a beautiful job am I right?
Happy Thanksgiving eve! The 24 hour countdown to pie is on! Since our table is not set yet,I figured I would throw together a little collage to share some of our plans. Some of these items we will be using in reality and some of them are thrown in to make my collage more attractive. If I had unlimited funds to work with, this would all be happening. Alas, this is not the case. I have a white ceramic pumpkin shaped bowl that we will be arranging some flowers in and I am sure a few other pumpkins will make their appearance as well. I bought some glittered pinecone ornaments from Target that will serve as placecard holders. I could probably have made them for free but I just didn’t find the time. I am sure nobody will be surprised if some calligraphy comes into play as well.
1. I got these copper and white striped candles way back in October after I fell in love with them. Aren’t they pretty?? So basically they started our table off and everything else was gonna have to look good with them.
2. We bought these black/gray striped napkins from World Market because they were reasonable and a nice neutral. And also because we are always looking for good napkins and we knew we would use them again.
3. I kind of love these glasses from Target but since I can’t seem to justify buying them, I will at least use them in my collage. Someone buy them. The pattern is adorable.
4. We will need some mugs to hold our Thanksgiving toddies and I really don’t know that a more lovely Moscow mule mug has ever existed in history. A set of these suckers would be a big splurge but good grief are they good lookin. In reality, we will probably just use what we already have for our cocktails but in my dreams I will use these.
5. I was surprised that I liked this onyx flatware so much but I think it is a little edgy and adds a nice pop of black to correspond with our napkins.
6. This is actually Colleen’s wedding china if you can believe it. Jerk. This may be the thing I was most jealous about after she got married.
7. A wood charger would balance out the fancy of the china with a rustic feel.
8. This bowl. Maybe we will put something in it? Maybe we will just admire it and enjoy its attractiveness.
What do you guys have planned for your tables?? Any ideas I need to steal?
Thanksgiving has passed once again, and we couldn’t be more thankful for being able to spend one of our favorite holidays with all of our family and friends. I’m pondering braving the crowds in search of Christmas presents later, but for now, I’m relishing a rare day off. Just in case you guys are still in pajamas and surfing the web like I am, I wanted to share a couple of pictures of our Thanksgiving table. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!