At the end of August, Colleen and I are going to our cousin’s wedding in Seattle. I am super excited as I have never been to the Pacific Northwest and the last time I saw most of my extended family was at Colleen’s wedding which was almost 3 years ago. Yikes. That went fast. My mom has 5 sisters so this side of the family is really big and we always have fun. Anyways, I would really like to buy myself a nice new dress so I can feel pretty while I am at the wedding. However, I have been having some difficulty. Why is it that they make all summer dresses white? How many white dresses do we really need? Don’t they know that most of the time when we need a nice dress in the summer it is because we are going to a wedding and we can’t even wear white because then we look like a crazy person who is trying to steal the bride’s thunder?? Somebody needs to explain this to the dress makers. I have found several that I like and I thought I would ask y’alls opinion about which one is most attractive to you.
1. I have been eyeing this one from Anthro for some time but I am not sure about the cut in the front and whether it would give me a weird boob situation like it kinda does to the model. The back is cool.
2. This looks like Paris to me.
3. So the website says this is gray but I must admit it looks like it could be a little ivory-ish. Too close to a wedding dress?
4. I think this one is precious and an excellent cut for my body type.
5. Jessica bringing it like usual with a pretty maxi dress.
6. The watercolor and the pattern on this dress is gorg.
7. This is simple and lovely and reasonably priced and could probably be worn again frequently. But I must admit these backless dresses make me feel some anxiety. I fear this would create a boob situation of a different kind. What sorts of solutions do you guys have for holding things up and in in a dress like this?
You might also like:
Right now, I have exactly one makeup look in my arsenal that I feel good about. Red lipstick. I’ve never been very adept at eye makeup, so pretty much anything I do looks exactly the same. But if I put on some red lipstick, I feel like I’ve got my game face on. Since it’s summertime, maybe I’ll add some fun colors into the mix like my girl Emma.
Sophisticated Emma / Fun Party Emma / Thoughtful Emma
Is there anyone more adorable in the world? If I could be her, I would. Instead I’ll just have to settle for watching Crazy Stupid Love on repeat. Since we are kindred redhead spirits, I feel if she can wear bright colored lipstick then I can too. Yes I realize she is naturally a blonde but I think red hair just looks better on her. Ok now on to the lipstick!
Cherries in the Snow by Revlon (these are all Revlon by the way because I’m going to be cheap just in case they look terrible) – This will be for when I want to be dramatic and sophisticated, but still age appropriate, like I just came from the Oscars and had sparkling conversation with Meryl. Because we are on first name basis obviously.
Stormy Pink by Revlon – A bright pink to show how I am hip and with it (I am neither) and probably about to go to a party at James Franco’s house except I wouldn’t because that guy seems like a tool.
Carnival Shine by Revlon – So bright corally orange seems like a bad idea, but look how pretty she looks. All pensive like she is answering a thought provoking question about her method. I should at least try it I think.
What about you guys? Any crazy lipstick choices as of late?
You might also like:
Okay y’all. Is it just me or is everyone in the world going on vacation right now? Colleen is getting ready for go to California for 10 days and it seems like everyone else is going somewhere fantastic right now as well. It is always just about this time of year that I start seriously itching for a trip and more specifically a lazy few days at the beach. I find myself being unreasonably jealous of my last year’s self who would have been planning for two weeks in England and Ireland. My this year’s self has no vacation plans until the end of August which seems ever so far away. Now nobody needs to go feeling too sorry for me. I have to remind myself of all of the blessings my this year’s self has. But even still. A quick little beach trip sure would be nice. Especially since it was 90 degrees here yesterday and it will be mid to upper 80s for the rest of the weekend. Summer is here.
1. This year I may allow myself the luxury of a nice new swim suit. The last one I bought was over three years ago and I think it might just be time. I have been eyeing this one that has a cute little skirt situation and is a lovely minty green blue.
2. This hat looks like it would trick passers by into thinking I am impossibly chic and while I have considered that it seems to possess a certain vision impairment quality, I figured that the only thing I need to see at the beach is my book anyways.
3. I like this swingy coverup. Here is a slightly cheaper option.
4. Nate Berkus brings it every time and this beach towel for Target is no exception.
5. I bought these sunglasses with my birthday coupon last month as mine were all scratched up and made it difficult to see whilst driving. I am a big fan. They no longer seem to have them on the site but these are pretty close.
6. A gray striped tote is never a bad idea and I will need something to keep all of my beach snacks and such.
7. This Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunscreen has been a favorite of mine for years. It just feels so nice on my face skins. I just bought the Coppertone Clearly Sheer spray this year for my body and it smells like angels.
8. Um…how cute is this little speaker thing for hooking up your iPod? Definitely a beach necessity.
9. Last but certainly not least, books. I like to bring at least 3 because inevitably I become bored with one and want to switch to another and back again. Right now I am reading The Goldfinch, which I started as a book on tape but because I don’t really like the dude’s voice, I think I am gonna switch to regular old reading book, as well as The Invention of Wings, which has been excellent so far. The Storied Life of AJ Fikry is on my radar for future reading possibilities.
Do you guys have any upcoming or current vacations that I can be jealous of? Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
You might also like: