Happy Tuesday y’all! Ok so Tuesday isn’t quite as happy as Friday but I’m feeling footloose and fancy free since I finally took the PE exam on Friday and I can be a normal person not studying at night. Everyone keep their fingers crossed that I passed so I don’t have to do that again. Instead of studying I have been quite content to listen to Taylor Swift on repeat (don’t hate, the girl can write a song) and search for Halloweeny things to watch. Also, it seems that the world wants me to purchase striped things. That tunic has been in my cart for weeks. It might be time to pull the trigger.
One / Two / Three / Four / Five
You might also like:
It was a rude awakening when we got back from Seattle on Sunday and were greeted by 100 degree temperatures (coming from 60 degree temperatures). This hot weather is for the birds. I’m so over it. You know what else I’m over? Studying. I am taking the Professional Engineering Exam in late October and am freaking out because google tells me that I’m supposed to study somewhere between 100 and 300 hours to be able to pass and I’ll be lucky if I hit 50. I’m sorry if I have been more lame than usual because I’ve been trying to study 10 hours a week (ha! laughable!) which means more time feeling sorry for myself with my head in a book and less time blogging about pretty things. Also, we are not throwing a big Halloween bash this year. We apologize ahead of time. This is partially due to my anxiety about the exam and partially because we still need to nap from the effort of last year. Next year will be amazing, I promise. And Megan will still decorate her house to high heaven so you have that to look forward to I’m sure.
But let’s move onto fun things shall we? Like all of the fall clothes that I want to wear. Blazers and boots and corduroy. Oh yes, this will all be happening.
1) Are blouses with Peter Pan collars over? I never purchased one and I really love them so I am going to go ahead and not care if the world still likes them because I think they are adorable.
2) I have a major obsession with blazers so I am SO pumped to be able to start wearing them again. My uniform in fall and winter has basically become skinny jeans and blazers and I think this blush number will make a nice addition to my collection.
3) Oh sweaters how I miss you. Big and comfy and soft. This striped cardigan is so lovely but let’s be honest probably too expensive for me to spend on a cardigan. I will just admire from afar.
4) I literally lived in the cognac version of these boots last winter. I’m talking I wore these things 4 times a week easy. I bet these black high heeled boots would look amazing with jeans or a dress.
5) These shoes are amazing. That is all.
6) I was desperate for a pair of corduroy skinnies last winter and never found a pair that I loved. But they just seem so cozy. Maybe a nice navy pair. Or green?
You might also like:
Corey and I returned from New York last Thursday, and usually I would have a picture recap post for you ready and waiting, but I’ve started taking pictures with a film camera and still need to send the rolls of film off to the lab so I probably won’t post them for a couple of weeks. I’ve wanted to learn how to shoot film forever and finally decided to ask Corey (and all of my family members) to purchase me a medium format camera for my birthday. I’ve really loved it so far. But since I have no pictures to show you, let’s move on to another subject that has been plaguing me.
My hair. I’m pretty sure I’m doing it wrong. Meg wrote that sweet birthday post last week with facts about me, one of them being that I have curly hair. It’s really more curly/wavy on a good day and sometimes nothing at all, and I can never seem to get it to consistently look how I want it to. I think this is a universal issue for curly/wavy girls, but since you guys are my people, I figured I’d see if anyone had any words of wisdom.
First and foremost, I think I wash my hair entirely too much, making it dry out and pretty much feel like sandpaper. I wash it everyday, but all of my friends seem to wash theirs three times a week. I get this if you have straight hair, but my hair gets even less curly on day 2. So is there a way to have curly hair and not wash it every day? Is that even a thing? Which brings me to my second issue – my hair is ALWAYS wet. Always. It takes about 5 hours to dry so if I ready to go somewhere and don’t blow dry my hair (which I rarely do, but even if I dry it with a diffuser it will still be wet), then I look like a drowned rat for the majority of the party/dinner/oh definitely at work. Is there some fancy trick to let your hair dry overnight and not look like a poodle? Finally, I have yet to find a curling product/gel/mousse/cream/you name it that will keep my hair curly but not be crunchy. If you have any advice on any of the above, I will be eternally grateful.
You might also like: